About Me

My photo
Granbury, Texas, United States
I love God and His people; starting with Yvette, my wife since '77, our family, congregation, community, state, nation, and continuing around the world.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

REFRAIN


The Lamb Himself was for us sinners slain
Giving up for all His glorious fame
Taking on the human race's blame
Carrying fully off our guilt and shame
I'll never be the same

Redeeming us is why Messiah came
Though dead and buried He arose again
Paying totally our indebted claim
His sinful loss became my righteous gain
I'll never be the same

Gave His life to wash away our stains
Saving all from evil's gory pains
Finding us He changed our names
Through His grace a loser rules and reigns
We'll never be the same

In Christ alone I know I will remain
Now freed from satan's full domain
From wicked paths this sinner shall refrain
With helpful grace my promise will sustain 
I'll never be the same

May knowing Him become your holy aim
You will never be the same


Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
JOHN 3:16-17 
--------------------

NOTE:  The goal of this was to use the word "refrain" in a poem about the Gospel, while also utilizing both definitions of the word "refrain" in the writing of it.

--------------------

REFRAIN: 1.  Noun: A repeated line or number of lines in a poem or song, typically at the end of each verse.   2.  Verb:  to stop oneself from doing something.