About Me

My photo
Granbury, Texas, United States
I love God and His people; starting with Yvette, my wife since '77, our family, congregation, community, state, nation, and continuing around the world.

Monday, September 24, 2012

ODE TO SUMMER JOY



No parents could be more prouder than
You have made your mother and this man

No greater feat could I do
Than to be the one who fathered you

So spread your wings because your grown
And fly for God, to Whom you're sown

To reach your destiny, we've released
Go make a difference with healing and peace

Seeing you launch has been our pleasure
May you succeed beyond our measure

Awed by the light which from you shines
We say, "Go girl and reach for God's confines!"

The sky is the limit as far as we're concerned
May the Word and the Spirit help you discern




My wife and I have been blessed by two amazing children, Summer Joy and Zane Alan.
The above is written and posted in celebration of our daughter's birthday.

A