About Me

My photo
Granbury, Texas, United States
I love God and His people; starting with Yvette, my wife since '77, our family, congregation, community, state, nation, and continuing around the world.

Monday, September 24, 2012

TROUBLEMAKER BLUES

If Trouble could talk, what would it say?


Hello, my name is Trouble
I've got troubles of my own
These believers are making me grumble
their endurance is making me groan

The holy people of the Holy Bible
believe all things work out for their good
My threats of death, they call great gain
things just ain't working out like they should

I knock 'em down
but they don’t stay down
they're learning to persevere
My success is becoming elusive
My defeat's becoming severe

Through prayer they're even stronger
by faith they're able to stand
Through pain they're persistant longer
sometimes I wonder who I am
This backfiring's getting way too old
I'm tired and feeling used
These Christians are getting’ way too bold
benefittin’ from my abuse

This thing they call salvation
has ruined it all for me
It’s made all my destruction
become temporary
The worst part of this devastation
is I caused it at Calvary

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery,
the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages
for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew;
for had they known, they would not have 
crucified the Lord of glory."
1 CORINTHIANS 2:7-8