About Me

My photo
Granbury, Texas, United States
I love God and His people; starting with Yvette, my wife since '77, our family, congregation, community, state, nation, and continuing around the world.

Monday, September 24, 2012

MY TOP TEN LIST OF THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR



Making a List of "The Top Ten Things We Are Thankful For" is a good practice and a positive discipline for healthy mental hygiene. Many are discovering that a proven cure for worry is thankfulness!

What Top Ten Things Are You Thankful For?

Here is my list for today.

1. I am thankful that God chose to save me as I was by His grace - giving me His assurance of eternal life - for an everlasting relationship with Himself, from my present life into forever.

2. I am thankful for my wife Yvette who said “Yes” to me 33+ years ago and continues to amaze me with her love for God, His people, our family and – miraculously - myself. (I am blessed).

3. I am thankful for my family, including two healthy beautiful children and a gorgeous daughter in law, all of whom love God and are pursuing His will for their lives wholeheartedly. (How could I ask for more). Also included in this family are my parents who raised my wonderful siblings and I to love and follow the Lord with all our hearts.

4. I am thankful for a Local Church Family who continue to inspire us with their Godly unconditional love and forgiveness for one another; extending the same out to their neighbors and our city.

5. I am thankful for our Church Elders and Staff that go beyond the call of duty to serve our congregation and myself, enabling me to serve while growing as a leader.

6. I am thankful for my Pastor, Olen Griffing and our friends with mentors who encourage us and one another to go on, even if it means laying down our lives in the process for the cause of Christ’s Kingdom.

7. I am thankful for God’s many other blessings, safe shelter and good food. (O’ yes I am thankful).


8. I am thankful for our nation and the freedom we have to worship and work, toward prosperity.

9. I am thankful for the future, though perilous it will be, and for the many things we will be seeing God do in us and through us to help us fulfill the great commission in our day.

10. I am thankful for communication technologies and the many new ways it brings for us to encourage and exhort one another daily, as we see the day of the Lord approaching.

BONUS:  I am thankful for our Soldiers who putting their lives in harm's way for the security of our nation.